Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm Awesome...and so are These Other People.

Happy Monday y'all! hahaha. Isn't that funny? Being all excited about a Monday. It's just a joke!

So I watched the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics on Friday night. I don't get it. I'm not trying to not be a good citizen and what not...I just don't get the hype of the Olympics. I mean I do admire all the work that those crazy mother fuckers go through, but why are sports so great? You don't see a worldwide competition for blog writers or wedding planners. That shit would be great though! lol.

On Friday I also got nominated for my very first blog award!! I'm super excited. =) It means that somebody out there thinks my blog is worth something. And that somebody is Tiffanie from Life With The Little Man. She thanks my shit don't stankkkk. hahahaha. Just kidding she never said that. I like to have imaginary conversations with people sometimes. It is what it is ok. Anyway...she nominated me for the Liebster Award.



Don't know what this is?  Liebster means "dearest, beloved, or favorite" in German. This award is awarded from one blogger to another as a way to give a shout-out to up and coming blogs of 200 or fewer followers. (That's me!!)

So of course I have rules to follow with this. They are:






  • Post 11 random facts about myself
  • Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in my post.
  • Tell the chosen bloggers that I’ve tagged them.
  • Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked me, and give 11 questions to the people I’ve tagged. I'm  not allowed to tag back the blogger who chose me.

  • I didn't read the rules first and I was really wondering if I could tag Tiffanie. I was one of those people that skimmed or didn't read instructions or listen....and I still kinda am. Everybody had bad habits. So without me rambling on here we go!

    11 Fun Things About Me!

    - My birthday is on Valentine's Day. And it fucking sucks. Nobody to blame but me though. Wonderful!

    - I'm a year behind the rest of the people I started college with. What can I say, college and I aren't soul mates. But I go dammit.

    - I adore cupcakes and bows. My daughter found a comforter with bows all over it at Target and I'm buying it as a "yay, I got a job present!"

    - I'm not modest by any means. But I am more so than when I was younger. I think it's because I've gotten fluffy in my older years.

    - I sleep with a hoodie that I've had for 15 *gasp* years. It's all tattered and torn but I really really love it. =)

    - I've become girlier as I've gotten older. I used to care less about hair, makeup, dresses, heels, and that kinda stuff. Now, I'm kinda digging it. I'm all about hair product to keep these crazy curls in control. Any ideas?

    - I've seen every episode of iCarly and Victorious thanks to my wonderful daughter.

    - I love to buy greeting cards. I think it's fun to find a card that fits a relationship or moment perfectly. Making people cry from mushy cards is awesome. lol.

    - Boyfriend and I bonded over a shot of Jager. And almost three years later here we are!

    - I have 2 piercings and 4 tattoos. I plan on getting more tats but I'm not sure about piercings. I have my lip and tongue done. My tats are a star pattern on my wrist I got with my aunt, my daughter's name on my foot, a clover in between my shoulder blades, and a fairy my best friend drew on my right shoulder. I want to get the word believe on my other wrist and Auntie and I plan on adding to our stars!

    - I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.


    My Questions from Tiffanie

    1.Why did you start blogging?
     It was an assignment for my English class. I'm really happy I took that class.

    2. Pop or Coke...or just soda?
    I say pop or soda. Coke is a type of pop or soda.

    3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    I want to have settled into a job that I consider my career. Living with Teagan and Boyfriend some place. Not sure I want to buy a home that soon though. I've lived in 2 places my whole life. I don't want to be tied down. And maybe being newly engaged or a very very recent newlywed!

    4. What state are you from? Do you like living there?
    I'm from the good ole' Midwest. More specifically Missouri. I don't know any better than here so yeah I like living here. The humidity sucks though. I def want to visit a lot of other states though. Ecspecially the south!

    5. Favorite song your diggin' right now?
    Hmmm...I don't have a radio in my car so this is hard. I'm really into Fun's "We are Young". But more than that I love me some Weezy F. Baby and Luke Bryan. lol. Drunk on you is rocking in my car from my phone.

    6. What was your favorite vacation?
    My vacations always involve going to spend time with my auntie. I don't think I have a favorite because there aren't very many that don't involve her! When we went to Dallas to see Kenny Chesney was pretty fun. But going with my mama places is fun too! We went to Dallas once too and it was a fun trip!

    7. Are you a crafty person?
    Hell no! I want to be but I'm not.

    8. What type of things do you blog about?
    Errything! You know like my family, my crazy friends, Flow, movies. This blog is just about me and what I consider to be good stuff!

    9. Do you have any social media spots for your blog?
    I do actually! I started a fb page for it. It's not really developed but you can go like it if ya want. And I have my personal pinterest. I love it! Be sure to follow me because I pin A LOT.

    10. Do you prefer to read the book or wait for the movie?
    I love to read the book. It's always so much better. Always.

    11. Favorite snack?
    Everything! Seriously, I snack all day. I don't have a favorite. I love food.

    My Nominees!
    Stephanie @ Qualls' Quirks
    Stephanie @ Bourbon and Glitter
    Samantha @ Dysfunctional Ever After
    Ali @ Faith,Hope&Love
    Heather @ Chronicles of an Independent Spinster
    Megan @ It's Good to be Queen
    Mandy @ Pretty Little Endeavors (I kinda cheated on this one but she's really one of my favorites!)
    Angie @ Each Day In this Life
    Alissa @ graceless lady
    Shay @ Red Lipstick & Melodies (Another one I cheated on) I suck at following rules ok!
    Lauren @ the merry mrs. mobley


    11 Questions!
    1. What's your favorite post that you've written?
    2. Since it's Olympic time, what sport would you compete in if you were an Olympian?
    3. Favorite thing to do for a girls' night?
    4. Drink of choice?
    5. If you could throw any type of party, what would it be like and why?
    6. What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
    7. When do you consider people to be an "adult"?
    8. What's your favorite candy?
    9. What is your idea of fun?
    10. Wasn't this post kind of hard to do? It was for me.
    11. If you had to change your name what would you change it to?

    5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I totally agree... I don't get what all the hype is about the Olympics.
    Also... I'm getting girlier as I get older too... I love your High Heels board on your Pinterest!

    And one more thing........ YOUR SHIT DONT STANK!!!!!!! HAHAHA

    Cami said...

    Hahah I blogged about how much I love the Olympics today <3

    Stephanie said...

    haha bonded over jager - love it! True love right there ;) Thank you for nominating me, I'm so excited!

    Ali said...

    awwww you are awesome! Um, well yes, you pin A LOT. Bonded over Jager, makes me giggle :), but I'm happy for you and T.

    Amanda Nicole said...

    Aww thank you!!! I'm glad you cheated a little! It totally made me so happy that you cheated for my blog ;) I think when I do my vlog I'm going to answer some of these questions!