Friday, September 27, 2013

These are My Day Savers

So yesterday I tried to post a really whiny post on how much my blog sucks right now. My internet decided not to work as I tried to hit publish. That's probably a good thing. Because I read it again tonight, and jeez I sounded like an asshole. But that's neither here nor there.

All I want to say is that I don't enjoy this space as much as I used to. And that makes me feel all the sads. I still get excited about it, but at the same time, I'm not receiving much feedback. I have my besties who always comment and I love them so much for it, but I would like to hear from other people too. Lezbehonest, everybody wants to open their email and see some new comments from people. And if you say you don't, I'm judging you and probably giving you some dirty look. When the comments stop coming, the blog starts lacking. I know that's also my issue though. I don't really have any great material right now. I just can't think of anything original or "good enough." I know I'm my harshest critic but I feel that if I don't think something on my blog is great, than you probably don't either. That needs to change like yesterday. So throw me a bone...help me find my way back here. I want to be here.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I feel better.

I had a shitty night at work last night. I don't wanna talk about it but it made me think, there are things in life that were created for servers who have a shitty night at work. And it's my job to tell you about them. So here we go.

1. Booze 
Seriously after you've been yelled at, put up with annoying children, put up with elderly people who just don't understand how things work, and shitty tips...you can always rely on the bottle to pick you back up. You've seen Waiting right? Servers really do go out to the bar to drink off a long day. 



2. Shoe insoles
We stand up. Allllll day. And we continuously walk around. A good pair of insoles can make even the worst days better. But those bitches wear out way to fast. Seriously after 4 weeks I need new ones. And I'm too cheap for new ones. So if you want to send me some I'll love you forever. 

3. DVRS
 I know, you think they were made for you. Nope, no way, wrong. They're made for people who work nights and don't get to watch good TV until after it's been on for everybody else to see. After a long, maybe kinda shitty day at work, I get so excited when I come home and realize all my favorite shows were on and I can watch them without commercials! Hahaha suckers, no commercials for this girl. 

4. A Sense of Humor
Because after a long day at work, when you're out boozing it up with other servers, you gotta laugh at that one idiot server who just sucks. Or the asshole customers and the evil shit you might have done to them. Or the fact that you're getting made fun of and you need a quick comeback. 

5. Beds
Obviously. After a long night sometimes all you want to do is curl up in a ball and taste your own salty tears while Netflixing your life away. Not that I'd know or anything. There's nothing that your favorite blanket and big pillows can't cure. If you don't love your bed that much, there's something wrong. 



I just love this song. And it makes me happy. Which I need after a long day at work!

3 comments:

Yammering Yankee said...

Girl I know what you are feeling we all get defeated sometimes just keep on keepin on!

Jordan said...

I've told you this a million times and I'm going to say it again: you're putting too much pressure on yourself and your blog! You don't HAVE to post everyday and you certainly don't need to apologize for it when you don't. Sure there are those bloggers who post every single fucking day, but some of us have other shit to do sometimes and THAT'S OK. It doesn't make your blog any better or any worse. Also, sometimes some of my most well received posts have come after almost a week of not blogging. Take a break! Live your life! Give yourself time to have something to blog about. This should never be a chore; this is supposed to be fun. Remember why you started. Take it back to the basics. Seek out inspiration instead of always searching within.

Ok I'm done. Also? A very wise man once said: "Write drunk. Edit sober." So, there's always that.

Love you and hope you have a better night at work this weekend!

Stephanie said...

I'm not a server and I still booze every day after work, it's totally fine!

I think blogging goes through cycles. Some days I'm really into it and some times I'm like ehhh I don't want to write today. I like the comments though, so I feel good getting feedback. I'm also getting into more of a blog schedule, that's got me excited.