Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wingaplooza

Hey there, ho there. Make sure you say that with a Minnesota/North Dakota accent. It makes it better. Sorry I flaked out last week. I had planned on posting 4 days but only got three done. Oops.

I figured that since I did something last weekend I' come and show you all the beautiful pictures from it. lol.
Blake, my dad, stepmom, and I went to Tulsa on Saturday for a little thing called Wingaplooza.

Yes, a festival dedicated to wings. I was so excited about it. But before we could go I had to sit through a stupid work meeting. We're getting 20 new menu items in case anybody that reads this is an Olive Garden addict. We'll be getting different things in every week until the 24 of Feb. Anyway...because of the stupid meeting we had to wait to leave until about noon.

It took two hours to get Tulsa, like always. Blake and I never even had a fight about my driving. Write that down. He thinks I'm a scary driver, so he says. I think he likes to give me a hard time. We get to wing fest, get in, get our free beers. Yes, free. Thank you Groupon. Then we head out to munch on some wings and find my dad and Brandee. That's when we noticed something weird. The second and third booths we went to were out of wings. There were 25 restaurants at the expo, and unfortunately we only got to try 8-10 of them. But we still had so much fun! It was nice spending time with the family and the manfriend. And i had some really good wings. Some restaurant had a raspberry chipotle flavor and it was delicious. Soooo good. But my favorite was from a place called Naples that was actually right across the street from the place we were at. It was a wine bar but apparently they had wings. I wanted to go eat there but Blake said no.




We ended up at an Irish dive bar that was super cool. It was called McNellies. They had all these mugs on the wall with different people's names on them and I wanted to know what was up. So of course I asked our waitress. If you drink 300 different beers there, you get the mug. So yeah, they have over 300 beers. I looked over the menu and ordered myself a Boulevard 80 Acre Hoppy-Wheat beer. It was really good. I've had their raspberry wheat before and it's delicious too! I felt like this pub was my place. lol. We missed brunch by 35 minutes which sucked. But what can ya do! 


All in all, it was a great trip. I'm ready to go back!

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Sounds like my kind of festival! You're the second blogger to share something about wings so I think I know what I'll be indulging in this weekend... Looks like y'all had a great time! And you can never beat free beer.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Holy beer! I don't think I've ever heard of so many kinds being in one place!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... wings...... yummy!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

you have no idea how much i've been craving wings and beer lately! could be the PMS talking or that superbowl is practically here but i can't think of anything else :(

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I could eat wings everyday! Do you have to drink all 300 in one sitting or is it over time? Either way that is a lot of different beers. Wow!