Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Finally Found It

I hope you all had a great long weekend. I'm glad it's over because I'm finally getting my Memorial Day off work!

So I have some great news, I finally found my new car!

I bought an '08 Chevy Cobalt. She's absolutely beautiful. She's a dark charcoal grey color. Yes, my last car was a cobalt but I was test driving some and it still felt right. There were so many problems with mine that I didn't know what a cobalt was really like. And I'm just gonna say, I LOVE it.



I found it online Wednesday night while drinking with the wife and fiance. If I would have known that being drunk was all it took to find a car I would have done it a lot sooner. Because 3 weeks of car shopping is really like 3 months in regular time. I found it, showed it to Blake, and told him my plan on how I was going to get it the next day.

So I woke up with a huge headache and proceeded on with my plan. I made my way over to my bank and put in my loan app. I drove over to the dealership and test drove the car. I loved it and wanted the bank to call me asap. So I left with just a little disappointment looming over me because I had to leave without the car I really wanted. I was headed to Sonic for .50 corndogs (because I love food, and cheap food is better) when I had a voicemail pop up. My phone never rang probably because Sprint sucks, so I listened to it. It was my banker calling to say that the loan was in closing and to come to the bank whenever I could. Right then and there I lost it. I was so happy/relieved/excited that I just started crying. I cried a lot. The banker was happy that I was so excited.

I must have done something right though. I now have xm radio. And not just a trial. Whoever owned pretty car last had it and has yet to cancel it. I guess technically it's stealing but hey, I'll take it while I can. They should have cancelled their service. =)

One last thing, I'm trying to name her. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

congrats on the new wheels! and i LOVE sat radio - use it while it's "Free" :D

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Jamie said...

Congrats! She's a beauty!

Kristen said...

yay for new car! no idea on the name, as i still dont have one for mine lol.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

She's a beaut! I looooove Cobalts! I wish they hadn't stopped making them!!!! That color is awesome, too!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Congrats!!! What a relief! Looks so shiny and new!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Love that charcoal color. I want a new car!